Develop your skills in evaluation and dental treatment planning for all types of patients! Diagnosis and Treatment Planning in Dentistry, 3rd Edition provides a full-color guide to creating treatment plans based on a comprehensive patient assessment. Using evidence-based research, this book shows how risk assessment, prognosis, and expected treatment outcomes factor into the planning process. New chapters cover patient diagnosis and team-based treatment planning, and a new Evolve website includes videos, case scenarios, and decision-making algorithms. Written by experienced dentistry educators Stephen Stefanac and Samuel Nesbit, this book is the only dental resource that combines patient examination and oral diagnosis with treatment planning.
- Clear, logical organization
- In Clinical Practice boxes highlight situations that may be faced by the general dentist.
- What’s the Evidence? boxes cite research articles affecting clinical decision-making and treatment planning strategies.
- Ethics in Dentistry boxes address ethical issues you may encounter in treatment planning.
- Review exercises in each chapter let you apply concepts to clinical practice.
- Expert authors and contributors provide a current, authoritative resource for effective treatment planning.
- Key Terms and a Glossary highlight and define important terminology.
- Evidence-based coverage demonstrates how to use research and clinical evidence in making treatment planning decisions.
builds your understanding with sections on comprehensive patient evaluation, key treatment planning concepts, a detailed review of the five phases of planning treatment and guidelines for selecting the appropriate plan of care, and care planning for patients with special needs.
- NEW Interprofessional Treatment Planning chapter describes dental care in the context of a team-based collaborative approach, so that the dental treatment plan aligns with the overall treatment goals of the patient.
- NEW! Full-color photographs illustrate clinical principles and pathologies, and a colorful design highlights key content.
- UPDATED content reflects advances in dental techniques, materials, and patient treatment options based on research, clinical experience, and current literature.
- NEW resources on an Evolve website include videos, case-based scenarios, and decision-making algorithms.
Common Diagnoses in Dentistry chapter provides guidelines to making an accurate patient diagnosis prior to beginning treatment.