- Text is focused to specifically target the topics taught in periodontics courses in dental hygienist programs.
- Dental terminology is clearly explained and introduced in the initial stages of each chapter to better acclimate students to their usage and mastery.
- Tables and boxes present information in a clear and tidy manner to facilitate learning new concepts.
- Learning outcomes introduced in the initial stages of each chapter guide students toward clear goals and allow them to focus effort on the most important aspects of the content.
- New chapter on prognosis after periodontal therapy, thereby including the full spectrum of the treatment continuum.
- New features in every chapter include learning outcomes, key terms, summary points, updated references, and additional review questions.
- A wide variety of visual aids includes hundreds of full-color clinical photographs, illustrations, and diagrams.
- Updated and increased number of case studies are presented to prepare students for real-life scenarios.
- A glossary at the back of the book allows students to locate terminology quickly.
- A new student CD-ROM provides flexible student study options and a multi-media approach to material presented, featuring case studies and answers/rationales for study questions.